Friday, March 7, 2014

Armor set 2

I'm working on another set of light armor. This is for a character more interested in running away rather than fighting. She needs something light and easy to move in.
These are the "metal plates" I'm making for her coat. They are those thin foam pads you can get for making cutouts. I just call them foamies. I wanted them to look like rusty, pock marked metal since it's her starting armor and should look beat up. As you can see the paint soaked int t he foam pads I used to make the shapes, but over all  I think it still works. the games are dark anyway so it won't be too scrutinized. If the player decides to keep playing I'll add more to her outfit as time goes on.

These two pictures are of the back and from of her coat. It's an old long vest i made long ago that doesn't fit me too well but fit her perfectly. I'll be adding little clips to the front for her to close it. Then I'll add the foam pads all around the coat.

This is a pic of the foam pads tacked into place temporarily. I'm not sure if I plan to sew these down or tack them down. As I said, if the player decides not to keep using this then I want to be able to recover the coat.

Once I sewed down the foam pads. I added a simple snap closure to the front and that's it.

I'll try to get picks of both her and my armor over the weekend. For now, I'm off to kill zombies!

Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc. I"m always up for a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment