Friday, January 17, 2014

Cabochon Focals

I'm starting this blog in the hopes that i can keep up with my crafts. Like many, but not all, crafters I have a habit of starting a project only to have the next project grab my interest before i finish the first. I'm hoping to curtail this habit this year. Call it my New Year's Resolution. :)

Beyond that this is just a fun little blog to showcase my crafts. If I do tutorials cool, if not boo. Either way hopefully I'll have something to show for this by the end of the year. My second goal is to post once a week, hopefully on fridays.

Wish me luck!

For starters I'll post my current short project, cabachon pendants.

These are fairly easy. You don't need the tools I use. Something that fits nicely inside your backing would work just fine for cutting too, or use the glass cabachon. Either way works.




It's a fairly simple process. use a cutter to cut out a part of the paper you like, fit it into the silver back to make sure its snug. Then pull it out and glue it down. I use whatever glue is available. In this case modge podge cuz it dries clear and is rather secure. After that rub some glue on the glass piece and fit into the silver back.

What you get is pieces like these. 
The variety is endless. I'll be experimenting later on with just using resin or modge podge inside, to put in different things like beads or little bits of glitter or even words and phrases. The options are as endless as your imagination.

Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc. I"m always up for a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment