Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Extended Absence

I apologize for being gone so long. A whole month more or less. You see, my plan when I started this was to do at least one post a week. I do still intend to meet that goal by the end of the year and to keep posting as much as possible but May was one hell of a roller coaster ride for me; physically, mentally, and emotionally.

In truth it began with a lot of Joy. I got married to a very wonderful man. I'll be calling him Squishy from now on. (Someday I"ll explain that pet name.) May 3rd was a lot of fun. That was what all that wedding crafting was for too. I had a lot of wonderful helpers and it was the most stress free I'd been in a long while.

After that my husband and I spent a week in Hawaii; a very generous gift from his grandmother. It was a blast. I might post some pics on here later. It was the first time I'd been in a plane, the first time out of the states, and the first time in a long time my allergies weren't going nuts. I loved every minute of it.

Then we came home and did a quick trip to Dystopia Rising. It was all going great with only a few minor bumps until all that good energy dropped away and I sprain my ankle just before the weekend started. I spent the whole weekend limping around and generally being miserable. I ended up begging my friends and staff to let us going home early. The reason for this oddity is that D.R. has a few rules. Two being that you must serve a shift as the bad guys and you must help with camp clean up. I was dead by the end of the weekend. Thankfully the staff was amazingly considerate and let us go. But the month wasn't done being unkind to me.

I got home and a few days later got a call that my grandfather had fallen, was in the ER, but was fine except for some pain in his hip. Literally the day after he left the hospital he feel into a sleep and passed away. This hit me really hard. I spent most of the day crying, but it's what comes after that so hard. I won't go into those details. I'm just giving you the reasons why such a young blog has stopped all of a sudden. I will post. I will keep this going.  I just can't do it right now and for that I'm sorry.

You still get the hanging dragon that never was though. Apparently theres a type of clay that just doesn't liek to bake right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment