Saturday, April 4, 2015

Making Molds Round 1

Hello Everyone! I'm so sorry I've been absent for so long. I hope you weren't waiting too long. There are tons of great bloggers for crafts out there.

However, today I'm doing a post on making molds. There are many different ways to do this, but I'm doing silicone ones.

This is one of the myriad of videos I followed to make my putty with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aElFs2XsOHo

A quick search on youtube will bring up many more. It's fine to use one you're more comfortable with.

My ingredients/tools are:
Dap silicone100% silicone. It has to be 100% or things go wrong
Corn starch and a binder
oil. veggie oil is suggested, but i used penut oil. seemed to work the same
a tub to mix them in
and a mixing implement.
Things to make molds of
some sort of coloring agent if you don't want them to be white.

Now then. first a formost wear GLOVES! This crap is sticky. I probably did this round wrong, severly wrong. I also got the wrong color of silicone.

If you look closely my molds are cracking. I don't know where it went wrong but the drying process went really fast. That's not good when you wanna make a lot of molds.

Overall this is going to be a few parts post. At least untill I get this right. Not everything works out the first or even second time.

So keep an eye out as i try again.

Comments, questions, advice are always welcome. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment