Friday, October 31, 2014

Moogles Complete

Today is adding the face to the moggles. There are a variety of ways to add their faces. Acrylic pain is one way. Sewing is another. Really its up to you.

Each way has diffeents ups and downs.

Acrylic:
more details, different faces available. quick
down side is that acrylis won't hold or look too good on fur cuz the fur causes it to pop up a bit.

Sewing:
Lasts longer, tigher seal agains the fabric
time consumig and less choice for details.

Again it's all up to you.  I did one of each here for show.

AS for faces, you can really do anything. Know that if you sew you'll need a thick thread. The little mebroidery thread I sued wasn't quite enough. it keep sinking into the fabric and disappearing. I ended up choosing to paint all of them.

Lastly I added the wings. I had to first sketch out a wing pattern I liked.

Once i had a pattern I needed to trace, cut and sew the pieces. When cutting these remember to leave a gap between the line and where you cut. otherwise these might not be sewable in the end.

As I guessed they were not sewable. So I ended up just glueing them on. They still look rather cute. 

All that is left is the little dongle above their heads. I"m going to take some thin wire and see if  I can wrap some of the red dots I have and then stick the wire into their heads. I hope it works.

Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc. I"m always up for a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment