Monday, October 6, 2014

Moogles

I started making moogles again. Mostly because the pony's are a pain to make and i haven't perfected the pattern.



This is the pattern I use, with modifications. Basically I don't have the split in the body piece and you need two pieces of the body piece. I also vary on if I want to use the thumb piece (Arm3 piece). I find I like the arms without that thumb like piece better. This pattern is originally from babylondonstar. Seriously go check her out if she's still active. I've only modded it for my own purposes.

Once I have all my pieces cut out (something I forgot to get pics off, but tracing and cutting is simple) I need to pin certain parts and get them sewn first. IN one case the little triangles on the head so it gets it's shape. And pinning the head2 pieces together along the straighter line. 

 Face folds tacked together for sewing. It gives the face it's shape.
 Back of head pinned together.l
 Hands sewn and turned out.
Head back pinned to face. Ears are also tucked inside and pinned down. 

This is a picture of all the moogles sewn, flipped right side out, and stuffed with cotton. I am now sewing them shut. I'll have one more post with a picture of a completed moogle and how to do the little cosmetic designs on them.

Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc. I"m always up for a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment