Thursday, October 16, 2014

Moogles part 2

So in this post I'll show how I put the moogle together after all parts are sewn. it's rather simple, but does depend on how you want your little stuffie to be. Do you want movable parts, or stationary. I chose movable.

This is the moogle before sewing. it helps to line everything up so you can see where all the pieces go.

After I've decided on the pieces I then string a curved needle with a folded piece of thread. By folding the tread and then stringing the needle the thread that holds on the body parts will be a bit stronger. This can be bypassed by using kevlar thread or fishing line, but tying knots in those take a little work and aren't as true. 

Once I'm sure my threads good I begin attaching pieces.
I go through the outside of either the left or the right paw then through the inner part and all the way trough the body, then through the inner side of the other arm and out the outside. I then go all the way back through leaving little gaps on the outside of the arms, but trying to go through the same holes on the insides or the arms and the bodies. this makes it so the arms can be moved up and down. 
Then I do the same thing for the legs. 

At some point I added the noses. They're just glued on with hot glue.
A pile of little moogles with noses. 

Next post will be the faces.
Feel free to ask questions, leave comments, etc. I"m always up for a chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment